Narvik is an industrial city of Northern Norway, but it is also definitely worth a visit!
Pack your woollen sweather and hiking shoes… And don’t forget your heels!
- Narvik is the 3rd biggest city and municipality in the Nordland region.
- Population (2017) of the municipality is 18 756.
- Narvik city has about 14 300 inhabitants.
- Ore export from Sweden is the most important industry.
The city has since 1902 been the most important harbor of ore export from the mines in Kiruna (Sweden) because the water in the harbor never freezes (!).
- Visit Narvik
- Narvikinfo (Norwegian website – use Google Translate)
- Weather in Narvik
- Narvik on Wikipedia
You also might like this post: Tromsø From Above
Narvik in the world:
I visited my good friend (and dance partner in crime) Birthe in the middle of October 2017.